"Sayur Lodeh" mixed vegetables in coconut stew. I was homesick! nowadays i have been posted Indonesian dish because eat Indonesian food make me felt at home and i felt confortable. Sayur lodeh reminded me on my chilhood. When i was young girl, we always visited my aunt in Solo. Whenever we arrived she was busy in the kitchen to entertained us. She prepared delicious menu which was she knew that all of us enjoying her food. Her "sayur lodeh is the best i ever had, spicy and thick and real homey taste.
Carrot 1 pieces, squash 1, baby corn 5, long string beans 5, cabbage,eggplant 1, tempeh 50 gr. Red thai chili 3 pieces, green chili 3 split into two, galangal 1 ich,. candle nut 3 pieces, onion 1 big size, garlic 4,2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp shirmp paste (terasi), 1 cup coconut thin coconut milk, 1/2 cup thick coconut milk, salt and sugar for taste.
1. Cut all the vegetbales into cubes, set a side
2. Grind onion, chili, garlic, candle nut, into paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan over a medium flame and fry the chili paste until fragrant.
4. Add in the shrimps and galangal and fry for 1 minute.
5. Add in coconut milk and salt.
6. When the thin coconut milk boils, add green chili chilies, vegetables and tempeh.
7. Cover the pan and allow vegetables 1/2 cooked and in the end add thick coconut milk. Season with salt and sugar.
8. As soon as the coconut milk boils, remove the cover, stir continuously and cook further until the vegetables are cooked.
Serve hot with warm jasmine rice, sambal oelek, and fry fish